Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Update on Sleep Issues

Just when I was at the brink of despair, a miracle happened. My 2-year-old daughter actually slept all night in her bed! I was completely and utterly amazed when I woke up a few days ago, and lo and behold, I was completely alone! It so surprised me, that I immediately got up and went to check on my kids, since it was a very rare occurrence for this to happen. I first went to check on my son, he was sound asleep in his bed, covers tucked under his chin. Then I went to check on my daughter, and I almost flipped a wig. I kid you not. I looked in her room, and with her bed against the wall that the door is on, I did not see her in her bed. I took 2 steps into the room, and sighed a sigh of relief, there she was, fast asleep on her bed, next to the wall. Her covers were laying beside her, she was sleeping on her stomach in the "stink bug" position. It was in this moment, that I realized, yes, this too shall pass. So for anyone else who is dealing with that horrible, irritating, mind-numbing sleep deprivation that comes from having small children, just remember, "this too shall pass", because it will. I am proof of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment